One of the most frequently asked questions we get from our customers is, “In what order should I clean my house?” That’s understandable—there’s often so much to do that just the thought of cleaning can be daunting!
The good news is that we’re here to help. Keep reading to learn the best way to clean your house to both save your time and ensure fantastic results:
- Dust: We recommend dusting first before tackling anything else. Be sure to wipe down the tops of all your furniture, picture frames, TV screens and even under your shelves. Wiping from top to bottom is the best way to ensure you get everything clean.
- Furniture: Upholstered furniture gets dirty fairly quickly—and unfortunately, the dust and dirt can be hard to spot. In addition to stripping your bedding, utilize your vacuum extension wand to eliminate any accumulated grime. You can clean your leather furniture with a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
- Mirrors and glass: Glass items and mirrors are the next step in what order to clean your house. We advise using one wet microfiber cloth and one dry microfiber cloth to reduce the chance of streaking on any of your mirrors or glass.
- Counters: Next up is tackling your countertops, as they can get dirty and “germy” really quickly. Be sure to use products specifically designed to clean the materials your counters are made of. Using the wrong cleaner can result in some permanent damage.
- Bathrooms: Keeping your bathrooms clean is essential to prevent spreading germs throughout the house. So, when it comes to what order to clean your house in, you can’t skip bathrooms. Walk through and spray down your tubs, sinks and toilets with disinfectant. After the disinfectant works its magic for a bit, return and scrub them down.
- Floors: Even if you have a no-shoe policy in your home, your floors will still get dirty over time. Again, be sure you’re only mopping with a product designed to clean your specific type of flooring. For example, using a product designed to clean tile on your hardwood floors can ruin them.
- Vacuum: Finally, break out the vacuum and clean your rugs or any carpeting in your home. Vacuuming carpeted stairs can be tricky with a large vacuum, so consider investing in a handheld unit to ensure you suck up all of the grime.
Just hire a professional!
Instead of worrying about all of the steps above, just pick up the phone and hire a professional cleaning service. Hiring a pro can save you a ton of time while ensuring your home gets as clean as possible. Professionals have all of the right tools for the job and use the right products to get everything sparkling clean.
Be sure to choose Marie’s Cleaning Service the next time you need a professional’s help. We have some of the most competitive rates in the area, and we guarantee we’ll restore your home to like-new condition. Contact us today to request an appointment or to learn more about in what order you should clean your house!