Do you have a chemical sensitivity? If so, that can make cleaning an especially difficult task. It’s hard to get the work done when you’re struggling to breathe, or when contact with cleaners ends up in a rash or worse. Many people use mild cleaners in Cherokee County, GA to avoid these issues, and Marie’s Cleaning Service is no exception. If you have a chemical sensitivity, we are happy to use mild cleaning solutions to make you as comfortable as possible.
Here are some of our favorite cleaning products for chemically-sensitive people:
- Baking soda and vinegar: Baking soda and vinegar can be mixed together in a paste and used to clean a number of different surfaces, from your kitchen and bathroom sinks to floors, walls and even the dishes. Simply rinse with water when you’re done.
- Dish soap as an all-purpose cleaner: Another great all-purpose cleaner is dish soap—as long as you get a mild brand. The preservatives in cleaners can bother some people, so look for gentle, non-toxic dish soaps like ECOS, Brand Basics, Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap and Made of Organics. Of course, you should still check the ingredient list for allergens and other issues.
- Bon Ami cleanser: Sometimes going all-natural means you end up cleaning more often than you would otherwise. Vinegar, lemon juice and other natural methods might technically work, but the effects don’t last long. If you want to scrub your toilets, tubs and sinks, Bon Ami is safe for most chemically-sensitive people.
- Magic Erasers: Magic Erasers are made from melamine (a type of plastic) and can be used on many different surfaces, including walls and bathtubs. Avoid using them on things you will eat off of, as ingesting the particles left behind is not a good idea.
- Make your own window cleaner: Use a microfiber cloth and a half-and-half vinegar and water solution for sparkling mirrors and windows. It’s easy and safe, and the vinegar smell dissipates quickly.
- Get rid of mold: If you have stains or mold and mildew in your home, a mixture of baking soda and peroxide can take care of the problem. It’s a great way to remove grime from tile and grout.
- Air fresheners: If you want your home to smell fresh and clean, don’t reach for chemical air fresheners—even if you’re not chemically sensitive. There’s a better way to keep your home smelling great. Simply simmer a big pot of water with citrus peels and herbs or spices. Alternatively, you can place cedar blocks or eucalyptus branches around your home for a woodsy smell. If you like your home to smell like food, brew some coffee and bake some cookies.
As you can see, there are plenty of options to keep your home looking and smelling great, without relying on commercial chemical cleaners. If you have a chemical sensitivity, make sure to let the team at Marie’s Cleaning Service know. We’ll be happy to use mild cleaning solutions when cleaning your space in Cherokee County, GA.