Millions of Americans are stuck inside their homes due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. However, just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t hire a professional cleaning service. In fact, one could argue that now is the best time to hire a pro—your cleaners just need to be extra careful when it comes to cleaning. Continue reading to learn how our team at Marie’s Cleaning Service ensures our clients’ safety when staying home for cleaning service in Cherokee County, GA:
- Thoroughly clean the property: The number one safety step a cleaner must take is thoroughly cleaning the house. Professionals should make a point of wiping down high-touch surfaces, including toilet handles and seats, doorknobs, keyboards, light switches and kitchen counters. Cleaning these areas goes a long way in preventing the spread of germs.
- Clean the equipment: Once a cleaner is done with a house, he or she needs to take the time to sterilize all the used equipment. Any gear that’s not cleaned off with bleach and water has the potential to pass disease to the next house. Additionally, any cloths or rags used in cleaning will need to be washed before being used again.
- Wear protective gear: Until now, high-quality masks, gloves, face shields and eye protection weren’t traditionally part of a cleaner’s uniform. With dangerous pathogens in the air, cleaners have to wear all of this gear to keep themselves healthy and prevent the spread of any pathogens.
- Maintain social distancing: A big part of safety when staying home for cleaning service in Cherokee County, GA is trying to stay at least six feet away from everyone else in the home. This isn’t always easy, but cleaners should avoid being in the same room as clients while they’re working.
Tips to reduce spread between visits
Ensuring our cleaning practices are up to snuff is only half the battle. Practicing the steps below helps ensure your home is germ-free between our cleaning services:
- Watch who comes inside: Besides your cleaning crew and immediate family, we don’t advise having anyone else come into your home. You never know what pathogens people could bring inside and spread to your family.
- Close the toilet lid: Take a moment to close the lid before you flush the toilet. Closing the lid beforehand prevents germs from splashing up and spreading across your bathroom.
- Wash your hands: Now more than ever, everyone must take the time to wash their hands properly. Scrubbing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds drastically reduces germ spread, thus helping with safety during cleaning services in Cherokee County, GA.
- Avoid touching your face: Along with washing your hands, try to avoid touching your face and eyes. The more frequently you touch your face, the greater the likelihood that you spread germs across the house.
When it comes to safety during cleaning services in Cherokee County, GA, nobody tops the team at Marie’s Cleaning Service. Whether you need us for a one-off cleaning or weekly service, our industry-best cleaning practices mean we’re your go-to choice for residential cleaning.