It’s an understatement to say we are living in uncertain times as everyone makes necessary adjustments to minimize the spread of COVID-19. During this pandemic, many homeowners and business owners are wondering about the importance of paying for professional cleaning services. Now more than ever before is a time you want to invest in commercial and residential cleaning in Cherokee County, GA.
Chain of infection
Research from the International Scientific Forum on Home Hygiene shows just how easily infection and disease can spread in any setting. If you’re thinking to yourself, “I can clean my house. I don’t need to pay for residential cleaning in Cherokee County, GA since I’m stuck at home anyway,” the chain of infection proves that you might not have the skill to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
The chain of infection is comprised of five links:
- Susceptible person: This is any person who could possibly contract the illness or infection in question—in this case, COVID-19. At this point, no individual is immune to this form of coronavirus.
- Source of germs: This is how the germs, bacteria, fungi or so on enter your home. The source of germs can be a person or an item when it comes to the coronavirus.
- Method of exit: This is how germs, bacteria, etc. are spread to susceptible people. Currently, you can contract COVID-19 by coming in contact with a contaminated surface or an infected person.
- Method of spread: This describes how the germs, bacteria and so on move from an infected individual to a susceptible person. This could be anything from sneezing to touching a surface without proper handwashing.
- Method of entry: This is how a susceptible person contracts the infection, disease, etc. Something as harmless as a cut on your hand could serve as a method of entry for a disease, but breathing in germs, exchanging fluids or touching an infected person could also be the cause of getting sick.
Professionally clean your home or business to break the chain of infection
Surfaces and spaces throughout your home are perfect for serving as the method of spread when it comes to you and the coronavirus. Kitchen counters, doorknobs, toilet seats and so many other parts of your home are at risk for spreading this life-threatening disease to you and your family.
While you can do as much as you think is possible to control the other links in the chain—for example, by sneezing into disposable tissues or limiting exposure to the outside world—nothing does more to ensure your continued good health like a thorough cleaning by a professional cleaning service. These experienced professionals understand the importance of targeted hygienic cleaning, which is the proper method for containing contaminants like germs.
As a family-owned business that has been a part of the community for over 20 years, people come to Marie’s Cleaning Service for both commercial and residential cleaning in Cherokee County, GA. Our team is trained to offer the deep, targeted hygienic cleaning services that are so important right now. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.