Spring cleaning is so much more than just dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing and decluttering your living spaces. Look at this cleaning season from a different angle and you will see that it also benefits your physical and mental health. The cleaner your home, the better your indoor air quality will be. Your mood will improve, you’ll sleep better and you will feel healthier and happier overall.
If you’ve never made spring cleaning a priority, it’s about time you do. Here are the top five health benefits of springtime residential cleaning in Cherokee County, GA:
- Cleaning supports your immune system: If you suffer from seasonal allergies, spring can be a downright miserable time of year. But it’s not just pollen that is responsible for those bouts of uncontrollable sneezing and coughing—other airborne particles like mold spores, mildew, dust, pet dander and even bug parts can be allergy symptom triggers for some people. Spring cleaning and dusting and vacuuming your home weekly can help you avoid allergy symptoms and make you feel healthier overall.
- Cleaning can reduce stress: Spring cleaning may not be your favorite thing to do around the house, but if you prioritize it, you might see your stress go away. The reason why may be surprising—the act of cleaning can turn your brain off for a little while so your mind can relax. Cleaning is repetitive, so there’s little to no stress involved. When you declutter a physical space, you also remove mental clutter from your mind. Every time you break out the vacuum is an opportunity to reduce your stress and anxiety.
- A clean room helps you sleep better: A clean bedroom will help you get a good night’s sleep. You will sleep better on clean sheets and after a recent vacuuming. Spring is the best time to remove clutter from your bedroom—including dirty clothes, old boxes, random items on top of the dresser and things that have rolled under the bed—which gets rid of hiding spots for dust, dirt and other debris.
- Cleaning can improve your mood: The process of cleaning is not always enjoyable. However, as long as you complete or nearly complete your spring cleaning goals, there’s a good chance that you will feel accomplished. A clean and tidy, fresh-smelling space can boost endorphins in the brain and improve energy levels, which is also fantastic for improving mood and reducing depression.
- A clean space can boost productivity: Many people get flustered in cluttered spaces. They can’t think, they are more easily agitated and their focus goes right out the window. Clutter is visual chaos, which includes things like mail piled on the dining room table, dog’s or children’s toys scattered over the floor and noticeable layers of dust on indoor surfaces. When you reduce the clutter in your home, you can decrease distractions and increase your overall productivity.
Cleaning your own home on a regular basis is a good habit to have, but it’s not a bad idea to call in the pros from time to time. Get in touch with Marie’s Cleaning Service today to schedule a deep residential cleaning in Cherokee County, GA this spring.