December is one of the busiest months of the year for many Americans. On top of our usual home, work, school and family activities, there are significantly more social gatherings as we bid the year adieu. When you’re constantly on the go, you probably don’t have enough time to keep up with your cleaning, and who could blame you?
Most of us don’t enjoy living in a messy environment, but have resigned ourselves to the fact as the dishes pile up, the shelves need dusting, the toilet requires scrubbing… and we still have to show up to work. By the time the weekend rolls around, no one wants to be spending it elbow-deep in cleaning supplies. That’s why we suggest tackling your mess a little bit at a time—and hiring a deep cleaning service in Cherokee County, GA to help you keep up with the less pleasant cleaning tasks.
Is your home still a mess after the holidays? Here are our best tips for getting your home back in top shape:
- Declutter your space: You probably received a few unwanted gifts this year—while the thought counts (and won’t take up space), there’s no need for you to hang on to items that you won’t use. Take the opportunity to spread the cheer by donating them, and any other unwanted items, to a reputable charity shop.
- Take down the décor: Christmas trees, lights, wreaths and tinsel—the trappings of the season are lovely, but it’s time to say goodbye to them until next December. Take down the décor and put it away, donating or disposing of any unwanted, broken or single-use items (like Christmas trees and tinsel).
- Tackle the holiday cards: As a society, we love giving and receiving holiday cards—but don’t let them become a burden. Keep the most sentimental ones, and consider recycling the rest. If they’re particularly cute, you might want to turn the covers into gift tags or frameable art, but there’s no shame in sending them to the recycling bin.
- Deep clean the guest bedroom and bathroom: You probably won’t host as many visitors now that the season is over, so this is a great time to deep clean guest spaces. Wash and replace dirty linens, vacuum the mattresses and give the shower a scrub so you’re ready for the next round of visitor.
- Put away special occasion hosting tools: Holidays are a great excuse for breaking out special china, silver and flatware. If you haven’t already stored the special dishes for the next season, this is a good time to do so.
Deep cleaning services in Cherokee County, GA
Marie’s Cleaning Service is here to help you get a handle on your mess. If the holidays have left tasks piled up—literally—we can take the burden away. Let us handle your post-holiday cleaning with a deep cleaning, routine maintenance or post-party cleanup. We can set a schedule that works for you, whether you need a one-time clean or weekly maintenance. Call us today to get started.